Robinson Emerging Artist Showcase - IS NOW CLOSED FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Goderich Celtic Roots Festival is proud to announce the inaugural
"Robinson Emerging Artist Showcase"
The Goderich Celtic Roots Festival is offering the opportunity for qualified emerging artists to participate in a virtual showcase at this year's festival (Aug. 6-8, 2021), to earn a spot to perform live on stage at next year's festival, (Aug. 5-7, 2022).
The program has two phases: a virtual phase and a showcase phase. A panel of judges will select a shortlist of 10 artists who will be presented in virtual format during this year’s festival, August 6-8, 2021.
An audience poll will determine the top two artists who will go on to receive a year of artist development workshops (virtual) and mentorship (virtual) which is in keeping with the festival's commitment to Celtic Arts education. The two artists will also have the opportunity to attend the week-long Celtic College before appearing onstage in Goderich at next year’s festival
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS FRIDAY JUNE 4th, 2021 @ 5pm (EDT)
Goderich Celtic Roots Festival welcomes and encourages artists from all over the world, of all genders, religions, races and ethnicities. Artists applying for this opportunity must:
- Be 18 years of age or older (applies to all band members)
- Work primarily within the Celtic genre
- Have a recording (demo, EP or full-length)
- Have a website
- Demonstrate a commitment to their own artistic and professional development
- Be in the early stages of their career(s)
- Must be available to attend the full one-week Celtic College (Aug. 1-4, 2022), including the performance days of the Goderich Celtic Roots Festival (Aug. 5-7, 2022)
- Must be a live recording.
- Must show instrumentation and arrangement that will appear on stage.
- Only UNLISTED YouTube links will be accepted. Public links will not be accepted.
- Intro and banter are acceptable, but the total video length should not exceed 15 minutes.
- Images and audio should be clear
- Multi-screen (Zoom style) of each member of the act is acceptable.
- All members of the group must appear in the video.
FOR ALL QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org